Friday, April 22, 2011

3 Important Steps Toward Surviving Emotional Affairs



In the wake of emotional affairs, saving your marriage, even if you are going at it alone, is worth the time, energy, and commitment. Nothing can be more hurtful than a spouse who does not share your commitment to strengthening your relationship, and perhaps your partner is not capable at this point of putting in the effort to salvage the marriage. Do not lose hope, because there are ways of surviving emotional affairs and of working toward saving the relationship on your own.

Saving a marriage that is in crisis from emotional affairs is not an easy task, especially when one partner is not committed to the process. There is no way to force a spouse to be cooperative, and you cannot dictate your spouse's actions. Maybe your partner has lost hope that the relationship can be saved and is therefore reluctant to invest energy. The only thing that you can control is your own commitment to the marriage and the actions that you choose to take.

If you find that you are by yourself in working toward surviving emotional affairs and trying to salvage your relationship with your spouse, there are steps that you can take to make progress on your own.

Step One: Deepen Your Own Commitment

Despite whatever efforts are not being made by your spouse in working to save your marriage, you can strengthen your own commitment to the process. You may feel that you have already been giving everything you have, but if you want to save your relationship, this is the time when you may have to dig even deeper to find a well of strength that will allow you to give even more.

You are the only one who can decide what your relationship is worth to you. Only you can decide what lengths you will go to in order to save it. Making the decision and resolving to be fully committed to saving your marriage in the aftermath of emotional cheating can lead you to feel a sense of strength and empowerment.

Step Two: Be a Best Friend

As relationships age, many couples find that their roles with one another change from being supportive to becoming more adversarial. When you are down, you look for a friend who will be supportive, and though it is not the right solution to the problem, sometimes that can lead to emotional affairs. It is easy to forget that you and your spouse need to have a friend in one another.

Still, you can control only your actions and not those of your spouse. This is an opportunity to lead by example. By choosing to speak and interact in positive ways with your partner, you may be the seed of change that will inspire like action. Your spouse may see your positive changes and want to have that experience as well. By choosing a friendlier approach, you can create a trusting environment where your spouse may be able to envision improvement.

Step Three: Work on Yourself

Here is a big question: How do you give everything you have to your relationship and still have time for you? In order to give your best in a relationship, you need to be your best self. This requires you to be nurturing toward yourself as well as in terms of what you give. Healthy relationships, even after emotional affairs, are formed with healthy partners.

Often, couples can become less supportive and more adversarial because of resentment. You may feel that you have given up so much to the relationship that there is nothing left to give yourself. Do not underestimate the importance of setting aside time just for you. Allow yourself the opportunity to examine your thoughts and emotions. Give yourself permission and time to work through your own internal struggles, because surviving emotional affairs is not a quick or simple task. Throughout the process, be mindful of your own hopes and dreams, and try to nurture them.

It may be hard to know just what to do and where to begin when you find yourself alone in trying to save a marriage from emotional cheating. By investing your time and energy in these steps, you will be taking control of both commitment and actions that are within your power. You may choose to offer positivity to your relationship as you become empowered to make healthy and loving choices for yourself and your marriage.



4 comments:

Marica Nadarish said...


My Husband was so smooth at hiding his infidelity so I had no proof for months, I was referred to a Private Investigator   and decided to give him a try.. the result was incredible because all my cheating husband's text messages, whatsapp, facebook and even phone conversations was linked directly to my cellphone. (worldcyberhackers@gmail.com ) Mr James helped me put a round-the-clock monitoring on him and I got concrete evidence and gave it to my lawyer..if your husband is an expert at hiding his cheating adventures contact Mr James via Email


Anonymous said...

If you know you are not ready for a relationship why get into one and still cheat and liar. I was dying inside for my cheating wife , i had no prove, no one to run to. Everyone thought i was paranoid. until i was referred to a Private Investigator  Mr James . I told him about my situation and He understood me well and helped me spy on my wife.He hacked my wifes Gmail and Facebook account and linked all her WhatsApp and phone conversation to me, to find out the truth.I saw all the evidence and i was heart Broken,I just want to openly say thank you to James for helping me get evidence against her,i feel so hurt. If you need help please contact him Mr James (Worldcyberhackers@gmail.com) via Email. 

Unknown said...

I suspected my wife of cheating on me but I never had any proof. This went on for months, I didn't know what to do. i was so paranoid and decided to find a solution, i saw a recommendation about a private investigator and decided to contact him. I explained the situation about my wife to him and he said he was going to help me.I gave him all the informations he required and afterwards i received all my wife’s phones Text messages and calls, I was hurt when i saw a picture of my wife and her lover. I feel so bad about infidelity. but i am glad Mr james was able to help me get all this information, you can contact him via email(worldcyberhackers@gmail.com)

Melissa said...

My husband and i got Married last year and we have been living happily for a while. We used to be free with everything and never kept any secret from each other until recently everything changed when he got a new Job in NewYork 2 months ago.He has been avoiding my calls and told me he is working,i got suspicious when i saw a comment of a woman on his Facebook Picture and the way he replied her. I asked my husband about it and he told me that she is co-worker in his organization,We had a big argument and he has not been picking my calls,this went on for long until one day i decided to notify my friend about this and that was how she introduced me to Mr James(Worldcyberhackers@gmail.com) a Private Investigator  who helped her when she was having issues with her Husband. I never believed he could do it but until i gave him my husbands Mobile phone number. He proved to me by hacking into my husbands phone. where i found so many evidence and  proof in his Text messages, Emails and pictures that my husband has an affairs with another woman.i have sent all the evidence to our lawyer.I just want to thank Mr James for helping me because i have all the evidence and proof to my lawyer,I Feel so sad about infidelity.

Post a Comment