Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Do Cheating Husbands Have A Conscience? Do They Feel Guilty?



I sometimes hear from wives and women who ask me if cheaters have a conscience. But there seems to be a special category in this question for husbands. People seem to think that infidelity is a worse offense if a husband cheats. After all, he has made a lifetime commitment to be loyal to one person and he has broken that commitment by cheating. Not only that, but many husbands are also fathers. Many people feel that, in a sense, they are cheating on their family as well as their spouse.

I often hear comments like: "does my husband have no conscience at all? We are going through a huge amount of stress in our lives right now. He knows that I'm struggling. But instead of having patience and being there for me, he goes out and cheats with someone else. And when I confronted him, rather than being sorry, he made all sorts of excuses. He sounded like he blamed me more than he blamed himself. How could someone with a conscience do this? How could the guilt not be eating him up inside? If I cheated on him, I'm not sure if I could live with myself. And yet, he almost acts like he was justified in his actions."

I think that in situations like this, what I'm really being asked is whether the husband realizes that his cheating is truly wrong and whether he feels any guilt or remorse. I do have some insight onto this topic and I will discuss it in the following article.

In My Experience And Observation, Cheaters Really Fall Into Two Categories When It Comes To Guilt And How This Affects Their Conscience: I spend a lot of time reading emails and comments about this topic and I conducted a lot of research on this because of my own life. It's my belief that you basically have two types of cheaters. The first type is the repeat cheater. It's not uncommon for this type of person to be unfaithful in the majority of the relationships that they've been in.

A lot of the time, people will think that they can change this person. In fact, many relationships start out this way. What I mean by this is that I often hear from a woman who dealing with infidelity with a man who she cheated with in the first place. She might have cheated with him previously and now he is cheating on her. So what you get is a pattern that continues to repeat itself because the person who is cheating is either not rehabilitated or doesn't respect his relationships enough to remain faithful.

In cases such as this, it's clear that the conscience of the person who is cheating is not affected enough to stop his behavior. He may tell you that he feels guilty and he may even experience a touch of guilt when he sees how much he has hurt someone else. But at the end of the day, his need for variety, his low self esteem (or the various reasons for his behavior) are greater than any guilt he might feel.

On the other hand, the other type of cheater is not a repeat offender. Usually, these are the people who don't have any infidelity in their backgrounds. They tend to have long term relationships where they were loyal and faithful. But then something in their life, their circumstances or their relationship causes them to make the decisions to stray. These are the types that are often filled with remorse and this remorse and guilt affects them deeply enough that it stays with them and makes them less likely to cheat again.

Determining Whether He Feels Guilt Or Remorse For Cheating On You: The first basic question to ask is whether this is his first time cheating. Obviously, the more he has cheated, the less likely it is that guilt is having any effect on his behavior or thought process.

The next place to look would be at his behaviors and actions right now. I will say that some men will posture and attempt to act unaffected as a way to diminish your reaction. But usually, once you make it clear that this isn't going to work, you will see their true feelings and where they actually stand. Every man and situation is different, but generally speaking, a man with a healthy conscience will feel enough guilt to sit down with you and try to explain what happened and why. And, if he's still invested in the relationship, he will generally eventually be willing to work with you toward saving and strengthening it.

Some men are very demonstrative about their remorse. They will show a lot of emotions and feel anger at themselves and others are more soft spoken and introverted about the whole thing. (The level of emotion doesn't necessarily correspond with the level of guilt.) But it's often their actions (rather than their reactions and words) that will be the best indicator of how they truly feel. Men who are truly sorry will try to make this right to the best of their ability. (Keep in mind that their ability might be different than how you would react, but many try as best as they can.)

It's Not Always Advisable To Dwell On A Man's Guilty Conscience. Sometimes, This Can Backfire: It's understandable to want to see some remorse. You want to know that he understands that his actions were wrong so that he is less likely to repeat them. But sometimes, people dwell on this so much that it becomes central part of the relationship.

Yes, he should be sorry, but he's not going to want to feel badly about himself and dwell on negative emotions for the rest of his life. If you dwell too much on how horrible he should feel, he may begin to distance himself just because he associates you with feeling negatively about himself. No one wants to feel as though they are a bad person. It's perfectly understandable to loathe the decision he made, but you don't want to make him feel like you loathe him, especially if you want to save the relationship in the long term.



6 comments:

Anonymous said...

need to hire a hacker? try www.hackerslist.co.uk

Anonymous said...


My wife was so smooth at hiding her infidelity and I had no proof for months, I saw a recommendation about a Private investigator  and decided to give him a try.. the result was incredible because all my cheating wife’s text messages, whatsapp, facebook and even phone calls conversations was linked directly to my cellphone. (worldcyberhackers@gmail.com) Mr James helped me put a round-the-clock monitoring on her and I got concrete evidence and gave it to my lawyer..if your wife is an expert at hiding his cheating adventures contact him. thank you


Bryan said...

Simple, Secure ,Best& free way to find him cheating. click here

Anonymous said...

I am so glad to be on this site today in other to express myself to the world because i made a promise to Dr.Mack that if he grants me my heart desire that i am going to make sure that the world knows about his powers.. My lover left me nine weeks ago after searching for solution all over i came across Dr.Mack and i was convinced with what i read about Dr.Mack. So i contacted Dr.Mack for help, With my greatest surprise my lover came back to me within 48 hours.. Once again don’t forget Dr.Mack contact details which are "DR_MACK@YAHOO.COM" i am so glad that i met you

Melissa said...

My husband was so smooth at hiding her infidelity and I had no proof for months, I saw a recommendation about a Private investigator and decided to give him a try.. the result was incredible because all my cheating husbands text messages, whatsapp, facebook and his phone conversations was sent directly to my Personal computer. Mr James helped me put a round-the-clock monitoring on him and I got concrete evidence and gave it to my lawyer..I say no to infidelity if your husband is an expert at hiding his cheating adventures contact him through Gmail he will help you(Worldcyberhackers) or WhatsApp : +12678773020

Kimberly nicholas said...



My name is Kimberly Nicholas from Sydney,I never believed in love spells or magic until i met this spell caster once when i went to Africa in February this year on a business summit. I meant a man who’s name is (Great Matatan powerful Spell ), he is really powerful and could help cast spells to bring back one’s gone, lost, misbehaving lover and magic money spell or spell for a good job or luck spell .I’m now happy & a living testimony cos the man i had wanted to marry left me 3 weeks before our wedding and my life was upside down cos our relationship has been on for 4 years. I really loved him, but his mother was against us and he had no good paying job. So when i met this spell caster, i told him what happened and explained the situation of things to him. At first i was undecided, skeptical and doubtful, but i just gave it a try. And in 7 days when i returned to Sydney, my boyfriend (now husband) called me by himself and came to me apologizing that everything had been settled with his mom and family and he got a new job interview so we should get married. I didn’t believe it cos the spell caster only asked for my name and my boyfriends name and all i wanted him to do. Well we are happily married now and we are expecting our little kid, and my husband also got the new job and our lives became much better. His email is:(  matatanspell@yahoo.com .  )  

Post a Comment