Friday, April 22, 2011

My Husband Is Having An Affair - What Do I Do? 7 Insights For When You Find Out About The Affair



Before I even had a chance to say hello the voice at the other end of the phone was wailing: "My husband is having an affair what do I do?" I quickly found my wife and passed the phone to her so she could console her friend. Unfortunately this was not the first time my wife has acted as counselor to a friend whose husband has cheated. Having experienced a cheating spouse with my first wife I understood what these women were going through. The anger and overwhelming shock and grief of being betrayed by the one person closest to you, then uncertainty and sadness. With the sting of betrayal comes anger, we want to lash out and hurt those that have hurt us only more. Most of us have some sort of gut reaction like screaming, breaking things, pleading, or cursing. It rarely solves anything but does feel better just for doing. I've compiled the following insights in the hope they will help you manage through this difficult and painful time in your life.


  1. Be honest. Before you say anything about the affair to your spouse think of what it is you want: do you want to save your marriage or is this the reason you have been looking for to let it go?

  2. Talk straight. Assuming you want to save your marriage engage your spouse in an open hearted discussion about your relationship - not theirs with the other person. If they are unwilling to talk with you suggest a professional counselor or church leader to help communication.

  3. Do not ask about the other person. Are they smarter, more fun, better looking? This will just put your already shaken self-esteem even lower. Besides it's not really about them.

  4. Forgive. Easily said I know but if you can keep bring yourself to honestly do this you will heal the pain much sooner plus your marriage will stand a better chance of surviving. If you don't forgive you will always carry the pain and be a victim. Forgiveness is empowering.

  5. Engage in life. Don't retreat and shut yourself off from friends, family or other support systems. Sure people will talk about your misfortune, gossips always find someone else's misery to revel in, ignore it. Take strength from those that truly care for you.

  6. Banish the thought. Being vulnerable leaves you open to self-doubt that often comes in the form of negative self-talk. When this happens you have to consciously make an effort to switch those thoughts to something that gives you pleasure like a child or pet maybe a particularly good moment from the past or a line from a funny movie. Anything that dislodges the repetitive negatives whirling through your brain.

  7. Revenge. Don't do it. Especially if you want to get your marriage back on track. You think you'll feel better by getting your own back but this is just a lie we tell ourselves when deeply hurt.

Some of these things will be difficult to do when you first find out. But when the shock wears away you will have to come to terms with your new reality and hopefully some of these tips will help you manage to do that.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If you know you are not ready for a relationship why get into one and still cheat and liar. I was dying inside for my cheating wife , i had no prove, no one to run to. Everyone thought i was paranoid. until i was referred to a Private Investigator  Mr James . I told him about my situation and He understood me well and helped me spy on my wife.He hacked my wifes Gmail and Facebook account and linked all her WhatsApp and phone conversation to me, to find out the truth.I saw all the evidence and i was heart Broken,I just want to openly say thank you to James for helping me get evidence against her,i feel so hurt. If you need help please contact him Mr James (Worldcyberhackers@gmail.com) via Email. 

Unknown said...

I suspected my wife of cheating on me but I never had any proof. This went on for months, I didn't know what to do. i was so paranoid and decided to find a solution, i saw a recommendation about a private investigator and decided to contact him. I explained the situation about my wife to him and he said he was going to help me.I gave him all the informations he required and afterwards i received all my wife’s phones Text messages and calls, I was hurt when i saw a picture of my wife and her lover. I feel so bad about infidelity. but i am glad Mr james was able to help me get all this information, you can contact him via email(worldcyberhackers@gmail.com)

Melissa said...

My husband and i got Married last year and we have been living happily for a while. We used to be free with everything and never kept any secret from each other until recently everything changed when he got a new Job in NewYork 2 months ago.He has been avoiding my calls and told me he is working,i got suspicious when i saw a comment of a woman on his Facebook Picture and the way he replied her. I asked my husband about it and he told me that she is co-worker in his organization,We had a big argument and he has not been picking my calls,this went on for long until one day i decided to notify my friend about this and that was how she introduced me to Mr James(Worldcyberhackers@gmail.com) a Private Investigator  who helped her when she was having issues with her Husband. I never believed he could do it but until i gave him my husbands Mobile phone number. He proved to me by hacking into my husbands phone. where i found so many evidence and  proof in his Text messages, Emails and pictures that my husband has an affairs with another woman.i have sent all the evidence to our lawyer.I just want to thank Mr James for helping me because i have all the evidence and proof to my lawyer,I Feel so sad about infidelity.

Melissa Gail said...

Get love binding spell to save your relationship/marriage or to get your loved one back to you with immediate effects. Get in touch with Dr Noah via:
Email : dr.noahmedicalcenter@gmail.com
Call/Text or WhatsApp 310 438-5740

Post a Comment